1. Host ping Virtual Machine
2. Virtual machine ping host
3. Host ping External Network
4. Virtual machine ping external network
5. Virtual machines use bridging
6. virtual machine eth0 configuration
Conditions for ping Domain Name Communication:
1. DNS is available:
[root@~]# cat /etc/resolv.conf nameserver 10.9.9.1
This is to be set as your DNS server address.
Moreover, the virtual machine should be able to ping the DNS server address.
2. Gateway can reach:
Ping 169.254.83.2 reachable
If it is not available, check the access between gateways.
unknown hostSee should be can’t parse IP
Therefore, it is basically a DNS problem.
PS: 169.254 is a reserved address, which is generally not used as host IP. There is also DNS1=192.168.1.1. As far as I know, DNS is not provided here.